Thursday, February 21, 2008

The Wire S5.07

yes yes I'll make a real update soon. Probably this weekend. But for now, another episodal update.

McNulty, Pearlman & Phelan In Diner
Sam Cooke - Shake

Carver Picks Up Michael On His Corner
G.E.M. - The Ooh Ahh Song (it's in the list of playable songs)

Fletcher Meets Bubbles At Soup Kitchen
Zapp & Roger - Dance Floor

Greggs Assembles Ikea
Maya Azucena - Down, Down -> Part 1 Part 2

Haynes In Cop Bar
Little Walter - My Babe (not performed by Little Walter, but this guy makes a good alternative)

Omar And Savino In Alley Behind Club
Ground Loop Music - Eurotrash

Haynes And Mello Talk In Bar
The Nighthawks - I Told You So (You Should'a Known Better) (their website)

Greggs Assembles Ikea Again
Erykah Badu - On & On

Michael's Corner Gets An Unexpected Visitor
Bossman - Ayo (his myspace)

Will do a major The Wire update (including the posts below) when The Wire has a break.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

anyone have any idea what ground loop music - eurotrash is? cant find anywhere online or on itunes.

Anonymous said...

Don't know if this has been posted before, but do you happen to know the name of the song that concludes The Wire's original Season 5 teaser, that HBO started showing last fall? The entire thing is just words being typed on a white computer screen, ending with the lines, "And...McNulty is drinking again / A new day...is not dawning." At this point THE WIRE comes up while this absolutely incredible song with a sick beat starts playing...

Arjan said...

I tried finding Ground Loop Music - Eurotrash too, but couldn't find it anywhere. The problem is that the makers of The Wire often use very underground (local/Baltimore) artists. I'll keep looking.

@ I'll try and find the teaser tune.

High Power Rocketry said...

: )

Arjan said...

This is probably the one you were looking for:
...where you at
I've put the question up on a forum, I hope they'll be able to answer.

I also found: Fafu - Graveyard shift
At least I think the rapper is called Fafu..

'White lines' by Duran Duran

Tre Dogg - Thuglife

Unknown said...

Hey thank you for this blog it is awesome! I was wondering if you could help me find the song I've been looking for the song plays at the end of season four episode 11 when the owner's wife drops the bomb on her husband about the affair she had with Malik, that scene takes place right outside the club right in front of Malik and his girlfriend.